Sunday 29 April 2012

Beauty

I thought I'd do a general feature on a couple of my make-up staples. I will be doing another few posts comparing products, such as concealers, foundations, mascaras etc! But this is just to show what make-up products I use on a frequent basis.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (Currently I'm using a mixture between Bronze and Softan). Expensive at £26.50, but definitely worth it! I think foundation is crucial to get right - if you don't have a good foundation your skin never looks right and it throws your whole make-up off. It's one thing I don't mind splurging for!
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Mascara. I have tried so many different expensive mascaras, and none of them beat this one! At only £6.99 it's definitely staying in my make-up bag! I've tried Mac mascaras, Clinique - nothing beats this! Dior Blackout Mascara does come close, but this is still better! (And under a quarter of the price)
Mac Studio Finish Concealer (I use NW25). By far the best concealer I have ever used! One downside:  For me if I haven't used it in a while (e.g.) on holiday, and when I first started using it, it made me break-out in spots wherever I put it! Then my skin gets used to it and calms itself down again.
 
Mac Bronzing Powder. The best bronzer hands down. Although I still need to try Nars bronzer as I've heard it's just as good. But I like this one because it gives you a natural glow, rather than the silly shimmer ones.
This is actually a new addition to my make-up palette. It's a Mac palette, with two rows of eyeshadows and then four different blushers. The eyeshadows I adore, and I always wear atleast one shade from this palette in the day and night. The blushers are also gorgeous and you can vary your colour depending on how 'pink' you wish to be!
The biggest highlighter I've ever used! This Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting is such a nice highlighter for night-time looks, although a bit much for daytime. And you get sooo much of it it last forever!

What's your staple products?

No comments:

Post a Comment