Monday 30 April 2012

For the love of shadow

Hi again!
So I thought I'd do a post about my best and worst eyeshadows. I absolutely love eyeshadow! I definitely prefer a shimmer to a matte shadow though, I just think it adds a bit of sparkle to your eye. I tend to stick to neutral colours as I always wear lipstick so would not like to look like a man in drag! I always go for (and recommend) eyeshadow palettes - two colours or more I find so much easier, as you don't need to worry about if they'll go etc.


My top eyeshadow I've ever used (yes i mean ever) is Laura Geller's Baked Marble Eyeshadow in Vanilla Toffee/Black Cherry. Laura Geller is by far the best supplier for eyeshadows I've found. The colours are incredible! But also, when applying you don't need a lot because the colours are so prominent. I recommend Laura Geller to any eyeshadow-lover!





The top two colours are from my favourite-ever eyeshadow Baked Marble: Vanilla Toffee/Black Cherry. The bottom are from Baked Marble: Moonstone/Blue Heaven.
As previously stated, I am a neutral shimmer lover, and so the Vanilla Toffee is literally my perfect colour. I usually begin by putting Mac Studio Fix Concealer on my eye, or simply a base colour from Estee Lauder, and then put a few strokes of the Vanilla Toffee over. It really adds a glow glimmer to your eyes. Then I follow this with a crease of Black Cherry. The colours go great together and it's a perfect nighttime look!
The Moonstone/Blue Heaven are also gorgeous, though I've never used them (!) just because I don't usually opt for strong colours on my eyelids. But as previously stated, for anyone that likes their blues and pinks - Laura Geller is the place to go!

If you've been reading my blog, you'll know I also love my Sephora eyeshadow. 

It's called Sunbaked No. 2  and gives you the three colours with numbers on the back for where to apply each. They're truly gorgeous colours and I definitely recommend this product. The one complaint I'd have is that I personally use number 2 (the gold in the middle) the most, and unfortunately you get the least of this colour!
Now for my worst eyeshadows! (Sorry they're in such a mess!) Most of you may not agree, and don't get me wrong I use a lot of Mac products - but their eyeshadows are atrocious! It's not necessarily the colours, although I have seen better versions of the colours I have bought, but it's how you have to put so much on to get the actual colour in the pot! 

Unfortunately it doesn't say on the bottom of the packaging what colours the above pictures, or below pictures are (which is beyond annoying - imagine if I wanted to buy it again!), but if you recognise these colours I wouldn't recommend buying them.









I hope you've found this interesting/useful in some way! And please, if you have any great eyeshadows, or simply know a certain make which you think are really good for eyeshadows, feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment